Crimson Ink and Caviar Dreams

Professional editor and voracious reader.

Monday, August 01, 2005

blending genres

As a reader, I love the blending of genres. I'll take a bit of romance with my mystery or science fiction. I'll take a lyrical fantasy action-adventure romance. I have wide reading tastes and the blending of genres is a way for me to feed different interests at once.

I am particularly interested in the way some of the Luna books blend romance and fantasy and the way some of the new Downtown Press books add paranormal threads to their contemporaries. My day job keeps me too busy to read everything I'd like, but I'm hearing wonderful things about recent releases from both of these lines.

When I first began reading romance, there were two choices. I read some series romance but really devoured historical romances. In the early '90s, I developed a love for all things paranormal and would stalk bookstores for the latest and greatest. As the years have progressed, romance has become even more dimensional and I couldn't be happier!

What about you? Are you excited about the different facets of modern romance?

2 Comments:

  • At 11:37 AM, Blogger Tess Harrison said…

    I love that I can pick up a book and have a little of everything. In one book I can have murder, adventure, and romance, while traveling at the speed of light. It's awesome.

     
  • At 7:00 AM, Blogger Amie Stuart said…

    hehehe I was right there with you in the 90's stalking bookstores for romances w/paranormal (or science fiction) elements (johanna lindsay anyone?) and even though I can't write it, as a reader, I LOVE seeing the trend come full circle!!
    So yeah I'm definitely digging how romance has added stuff like paranormal and smart kick ass heroines . =)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home